Panamax Lightning Protection Module for Electric Dog Fence
The boundary wire in your yard acts like a giant antenna drawing in any current transmitted through the ground during a lightning strike, even if that strike is hundreds of yards away. While the protection built into your home as well as your fence transmitter will provide some protection for surges coming through your household wiring, none of that will stop the surge that comes through the boundary wire.
Additional Product Information
The M2DF Lightning Protection Module was designed by Panamax® specifically for this purpose. Panamax®, a world leader in cutting edge surge and lightning protection, designed this unit to not only enhance protection for any surge that may come through your household wiring. It also specifically protects any surge that comes through the boundary wire out in your yard, giving you peace of mind and dramatically extending the life of your fence.
Protect or Disconnect™ Circuitry
In the event of a rare catastrophic surge, such as a massive direct lightning strike, it disconnects the transmitter.
Protects Against AC Power Surges and Lightning
- Specifically designed for use with all PetSafe electronic containment systems with protection for the AC Adapter and transmitter loop wire.
Increased Surge Current Ratings
- The protector has a larger capacity to dissipate surges
Reduce the Risk of a System Failure
- Protects the transmitter so it can continue to keep the pet inside the designated safety zone.
Space Saving Design
- Low profile unit plugs directly into the wall. The transformer plugs into the side of the unit for better balance and stability. There is even an extra convenience outlet.
Better Loop Connectors
- Easier to attach the loop wires to the unit.